[theora-dev] Gray scale video output from theora

janaka priyadarshana rpjanaka at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 05:33:52 PST 2008

hi all

I guess that *Theora* will convert the input color space (RGB or CMYK or
any) into YUV before it process and encode. (that means theora can operate
on several color space, but it get convert into YUV before process)

Is that true...?

I want to get a gray scale, encoded video output from the *Theora* encoder
while the input video is getting from a web cam (color input and gray scale
output).

*If the above is true.....(*theora use YUV color space*)*

it is possible that get a gray scale video output by just considering only
the Y component of the video (ignore the U and V components)

please give me your advices about how can I fulfill my requirement with
Theora.....?