[theora-dev] Identification Header

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Thu Feb 7 01:31:02 PST 2008

Hi Nuwan,

I think you're just misunderstanding the meaning of some of these tables.

Figure 6.2 is a graphical representation of this bitstream, and the
text of section 6.2 describes precisely how to decode it.

The table you refer to (pages 40-41) is, as the header says, the
output parameters of this procedure - NSBS, for example, can be
calculated from other values that _are_ read from the bitstream, so it
isn't explicitly present there.

Mike