[theora-dev] How can I go into theora library function while debugging the encoder_example

janaka priyadarshana rpjanaka at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 00:50:30 PST 2008

In the Makefile.am in lib directory there are three lines that specify
CFLAGS. it is as follow

libtheora_la_CFLAGS = $(OGG_CFLAGS) $(DEFS_NET) $(INCS_NET)
libtheora_la_LDFLAGS = -version-info
@TH_LIB_CURRENT@:@TH_LIB_REVISION@:@TH_LIB_AGE@ @THEORA_LDFLAGS@
libtheora_la_LIBADD = $(OGG_LIBS) $(LIBS_NET)

debug:
    $(MAKE) all CFLAGS="@DEBUG@" LDFLAGS="-lefence"

profile:
    $(MAKE) all CFLAGS="@PROFILE@"

I just modify this as follow
libtheora_la_CFLAGS = -g -Wall $(OGG_CFLAGS) $(DEFS_NET) $(INCS_NET)

But still the problem remain same,(can not go into "theora_encode_init"
function while debug)

so what should I do, please can you explain more about how to compiling the
library with debugging support...?