[theora-dev] configure option --with-ogg broken?

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Fri Dec 19 10:34:22 PST 2008

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 11:28 AM, Nils Pipenbrinck
<n.pipenbrinck at cubic.org> wrote:

> Btw - my problem is exactly the other way around. I try to link to a
> cross-compiled libogg that resides in $HOME, but configure insists of
> using the libraries from /usr/ocal/lib where the x86 version is located.
> Using --with-ogg-libraries does not make a difference btw.

The --with-ogg configure option is broken. Or at least it's overridden
by the pkg-config check. If pkg-config finds an ogg library it will
prefer that. You should be able to get your compile to work with

  PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$HOME/lib/pkgconfig ./configure

HTH,