[theora-dev] configure option --with-ogg broken?

Nils Pipenbrinck n.pipenbrinck at cubic.org
Thu Dec 18 11:28:19 PST 2008

Hi there.

I try to cross-compile the theora libraries to test my ARMv6
optimizations (almost done, time to do some benchmarking and testing).
While doing so I found out that --with-ogg seems to do nothing.

If I simply run:

  .configure --with-ogg=$HOME

The build succeeds also it shouldn't (I don't have ogg installed at $HOME).

As an example here is the last line that make executes.

gcc -I/usr/local/include -Wall -Wno-parentheses -O3 -fforce-addr
-fomit-frame-pointer -finline-functions -funroll-loops -o
.libs/dump_video dump_video.o  ../lib/.libs/libtheora.so
-L/usr/local/lib /usr/local/lib/libogg.so .

Btw - my problem is exactly the other way around. I try to link to a
cross-compiled libogg that resides in $HOME, but configure insists of
using the libraries from /usr/ocal/lib where the x86 version is located.
Using --with-ogg-libraries does not make a difference btw.

Any ideas how to get around this issue? Did I simply miss a step or is
--with-ogg broken?

Cheers,
  Nils