[theora-dev] Possible errors in the spec..

Timothy B. Terriberry tterribe at email.unc.edu
Tue Oct 23 04:00:30 PDT 2007

Horacio Sanson wrote:
> I just downloaded the libtheora-1.0beta2 and found some sentences in the
> spec that I believe are wrong:

Thanks! Corrections have been committed to svn. If you find any further
mistakes (or have general/editorial comments), please don't hesitate to
let us know.

> As a separate question I was wondering if there are any new developments
> to improve Theora?

We're hoping to get a new API rolled out in the near future, as well as
some speed optimizations for non-x86 platforms. Hopefully I'll be able
to get back to working on encoder improvements at some point. Felipe
Portavales is also working on multi-threaded enhancements to the
encoder, and André Costa recently worked on an FPGA implementation for
Google Summer of Code.