[theora-dev] Possible errors in the spec..

Horacio Sanson hsanson at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 03:16:23 PDT 2007

I just downloaded the libtheora-1.0beta2 and found some sentences in the
spec that I believe are wrong:

1 - In section 6.4.4 "DCT Token Huffman Tables" step one says: "For each
consecutive value of hti from 0 to 80, inclusive".  As I understand there
should be only 80 tables so shouldn't it be "0 to 79, inclusive" instead of
80??

2 - In section 7.4 "Macro Block Coding Modes" step 1(a) says that all
MBMODES[mbi] shall be set the value "0 (INTRA)"  but a look at table 7.18
reveals that INTRA is "1" and not "0".  Who should I believe??

As a separate question I was wondering if there are any new developments to
improve Theora?

thanks,