[theora-dev] encoder_example input formats

Felipe Portavales Goldstein portavales at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 09:30:57 PDT 2007

If mplayer is abble to decode videos in the format mjpegb, yuvj422p,
you can use the command below to convert to yuv4mpeg (4:2:0) format.

mplayer -vo yuv4mpeg

You cannot escape the loss you will have converting form mjpegb, to
yuv4mpeg if you want to encode a theora stream.
Internally the codec works only with 4:2:0 format. Even if the
encoder_example accept any other format, sometime internally it will
have to convert to the 4:2:0 format.