[theora-dev] encoder_example input formats

Unga unga888 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 4 21:20:56 PDT 2007

--- Maik Merten <maikmerten at gmx.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> is there a special reason why you'd want to use
> encoder_example and not
> e.g. ffmpeg2theora, which should be able to encode
> your files?
>
> encoder_example is mostly thought to be a minimal
> example encoder for
> developers, not a serious end-user tool.

Maik, thanks for the reply. I have already tried the
ffmpeg2theora with the latest ffmpeg SVN. The
ffmpeg2theora doesn't work and simply hangs. I have
already informed the developer of ffmpeg2theora.

Please forgive me if this offend people but it seems
ffmpeg2theora is a one-man work. I prefer a serious
tool for serious work from a community supported
organisation like xiph. If the xiph thinks
ffmpeg2theora is the right tool, why not take over it
and support the development? Its nothing better than a
dependable tool from The Source.

Best Regards
Unga