[theora-dev] Re: [theora] Building Libtheora Beta 2 in Ms Visual C++ 2005 problems

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Mon Nov 5 02:49:31 PST 2007

On 11/1/07, Charles Mason <charlie.mas at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have managed to cross compile litheora using MinGW on Linux. I
> wasn't able to get to compile thorugh MinGW on windows. I get the same
> problem as before, the YUV buffer struct is compltly empty all the
> widths and strides are 0 and the pointers are also 0, so its obviously
> not initalised.

This sounds to me like a pretty nasty problem somewhere.

Can you reproduce a minimal test case? So that we can see if you're
just misusing the API, or if we've introduced a new bug in the
decoder?

> My app gets the stream length before starting playing the video, by
> seeking to the last packet then seeking back to the start. The
> decoding of the GranualPos functions are working fine through
> libtheora. So its only appears to be that one function that is having
> problems.
>
> From what I read in the mailing list, it appears that the decoder is
> now the one form the experimental branch so perhaps changing to that
> is causing the problems for my .Net Wrapper. I am correct about the
> decoder changing? Does anyone have any ideas about where to look.

The new releases do indeed have an all-new decoder (the one from
derf's experimental branch). It's meant to be precisely ABI and API
compatible, though.

Mike