[theora-dev] help with libtool!

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Thu May 24 15:24:18 PDT 2007

On Thu, May 24, 2007 at 06:19:20PM -0300, André Costa wrote:

> Now I am working on BCC Cross-compiler in order to get the binaries for
> LEON3 (Google SoC 2007).

Woohoo! :)

> I changed these lines of Makefile ...
>
> CC = sparc-elf-gcc -mv8 -msoft-float
> CPP = sparc-elf-gcc -mv8 -msoft-float -E

I agree libtool is probably not picking up on the change. Try something
like CC="sparc-elf-gcc -mv8 -msoft-float" ./configure --target=sparc-elf
and see if that works better.

The GNU autotools generally have very poor support for cross-compilation
though. It is probably worth just writing a custom makefile for it. Copy
the list of relevent files from lib/(*/)Makefile.am and copy the
relevent defines from config.h.in. You probably want:

#define THEORA_DISABLE_ENCODE 1

I don't think the library requires any of the others.

 -r