[theora-dev] help with libtool!
giles at xiph.org
Thu May 24 15:24:18 PDT 2007
On Thu, May 24, 2007 at 06:19:20PM -0300, André Costa wrote:
> Now I am working on BCC Cross-compiler in order to get the binaries for
> LEON3 (Google SoC 2007).
> I changed these lines of Makefile ...
> CC = sparc-elf-gcc -mv8 -msoft-float
> CPP = sparc-elf-gcc -mv8 -msoft-float -E
I agree libtool is probably not picking up on the change. Try something
like CC="sparc-elf-gcc -mv8 -msoft-float" ./configure --target=sparc-elf
and see if that works better.
The GNU autotools generally have very poor support for cross-compilation
though. It is probably worth just writing a custom makefile for it. Copy
the list of relevent files from lib/(*/)Makefile.am and copy the
relevent defines from config.h.in. You probably want:
#define THEORA_DISABLE_ENCODE 1
I don't think the library requires any of the others.
> PS: I wasn't getting to communicate with the LEON in FPGA by serial
> interface, but I discovered the problem. The number code of my FPGA was
> slightly different. The difference was just in mapping of pins. When I
> changed of FPGA (to a cyclone), I got to run a hello word! For while I am
> using the cyclone, but after I will need to map all the pins.
More information about the theora-dev