[theora-dev] Producing oggs with XiphQT - testers needed!

michel memeteau michel.memeteau at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 18:01:28 PST 2007

Hi , i just bought a Macbook  , and was using v0.1.5 of XiphQT as I
installed democracy player.

Now I'd like to test the beta version , I've dropped the xiph component in
the libray/quicktime folder  :

   - IMovie HD rocks ! I can export in theora/vorbis but no speex/flac
   - Itunes still does not wat me to export in itunes , I cannot select
   vorbis in settings

Am I missing features or is this normal ?

Anyway Great Job ! Avaibility of export features in quicktime can definitely
change the way people use video formats (MPeg4 , H264 habits)

On 31/01/07, Arek Korbik <arkadini at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> As the next version of XiphQT is mostly ready, I thought it could use
> some more wide pre-release testing.
>
> The major change since last release is the addition of Ogg exporter
> and Vorbis and Theora encoders. Any feedback on how this new
> functionality performs (or doesn't!) with audio/video
> editing/producing software will really help. Also, comments and
> suggestions on the work of muxer, encoders' configurability, naming or
> any other missing feature will help and will be much appreciated.
>
> There are built binaries available on: http://people.xiph.org/~arek/
> Building from sources hopefully should be more straightforward now
> (compared to previous versions), as well. It should build and work on
> Macs, win32 version is not ready yet.
>
> Regards,
> Arek

Michel memeteau