[Theora-dev] Theora and Vorbis problems

Philip Heron phil at firestorm.cx
Wed May 24 15:51:14 PDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-05-25 at 03:12 +0800, illiminable wrote:
> video data" rather than being nicely interleaved. When you mux, particularly
> when you mux "easy" video such as this one, you have to make sure you flush
> the stream after some number of packets ~50 say, or some amount of time say
> 1-2 seconds if more than that would normally continue to fit in one page. I
> think ffmpeg2theora is the only tool currently that properly does this.

That's helped! I've now got it flushing a page when there are over 23
packets (ffmpeg2theora's magic number) and the resulting stream plays
perfectly in both Xine and mplayer from file. Xine sometimes struggles a
bit when playing the stream over a network though, might need a lower
packet count per page for such simple video. Is there a handy way to
find the time duration of Theora or Vorbis packets?

http://www.firestorm.cx/files/followthedot-2.ogg
http://yoshi.firestorm.cx:7470/spot.ogg

Thanks Zen and Ralph!

-Phil <phil at firestorm.cx>