[Theora-dev] patch to build theora-mmx on AMD64

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Thu May 4 01:25:28 PDT 2006

On 5/4/06, Dan Lenski <dlenski at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for explaining that.  Fortunately there's a pretty easy fix: we
> can load 64-bit immediates into general purpose registers on x86_64,
> so I'm just going to clobber %rax and use it to transfer immediates
> into the %mm regs.

Great!

Though I was able to help out a bit with an explanation, I can neither
program in assembly, nor (since I don't have one) can I test x86-64 -
so I'm glad it was enough information for you to fix things up!

It's excellent to see some forward progress on this code once again.
Are you interested in doing ongoing work with theora (more
optimisations, or other)? If you are, we should set you up with an SVN
account.

I've committed your patch.

Mike