[theora-dev] libtheora API documentation

Shane Stephens shane.stephens at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 22:59:03 PDT 2006

Hi,

The documentation for the libtheora API is a little bit sparse - for
example, information about whether yuv_buffer structs should be
managed by the user or the library is missing.  From talking to derf,
and from what I can see in the example files, the user allocates the
struct but not the luma/chroma buffers on decode; and the user
allocates both the struct and the luma/chroma buffers on encode.

I've made some small additions to the documentation explaining this.
Should I send these changes?  If so, do you have any guidelines for
patch format?

If it'll be useful, I may continue to add information to the
documentation.  Should I provide these additions incrementally, or
wait until I'm happy with the state of the documentation and provide a
large diff?

Thanks,
    -Shane Stephens