[theora-dev] IDCTSlow works on a FPGA prototype test

Felipe Portavales Goldstein portavales at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 20:51:53 PDT 2006

The goal is to get a FPGA with a small embeded generic processor, and
just the critical modules in hardware running the Theora decoder.

This system could be in FPGA plugged as a PCI card, and this system
could communicate with your PC motherboard through the PCI bus.

There is some FPGA's models assembled in a PCI card. I think that it
would not be difficult to do a Theora PCI acceleration board.
But the PCI protocoll is a little confusing, and we would must to do a
small Linux kernel module to controll the PCI card (this would not be
a problem).

:-D