[theora-dev] FFmpeg's libavcoded

Silvia Pfeiffer silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 10:12:00 PST 2006

Paul,

are you saying you're re-implementing ogg encapsulation and theora
encoding directly into the libavcodec library?

If this is the case: even if you copy most of the source code from
libogg and libtheora, this entails a code fork with big consequences -
in particular maintainability.

Am I misunderstanding you here? Or could you explain why you're trying
to pursue this path instead of just using the existing libraries?

Regards,
Silvia.