[Theora-dev] Re: Invalid read of size 1...

Conrad Parker conrad at metadecks.org
Sat Oct 29 16:32:13 PDT 2005

On Fri, Oct 28, 2005 at 11:55:51AM -0700, Ralph Giles wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 28, 2005 at 02:40:30PM +0200, Mat wrote:
>
> > The small leak in my app is gone.
>
> Glad we found it.
>
> > ==2782== Invalid read of size 1
> > ==2782==    at 0x1B94B0BD: PixelLineSearch (scan.c:1482)
>
> Yes, the scan stuff will definitely be input dependent. Good spotting,
> this is a real bug (inherited from the VP3 codebase, looks like). There
> are similar issues with some of the other search directions.

I saw similar invalid reads from valgrinding ffmpeg2theora recently. I
hadn't got as far as tracking it down, but can at least say "me too".

It would probably be a good idea to make a test program that simply
encodes one generated frame. There is already a harness to run programs
in libtheora/tests under valgrind ...

Conrad.