[Theora-dev] Status of Windows Theora builds

Andre Pang Andre.Pang at csiro.au
Wed Jan 5 07:40:29 PST 2005

Hi all,

Just a heads up to let you know that I've fixed up the Visual C++
project files so that libtheora and the associated experimental programs
(dumpvid/encoderwin/splayer/transcoder) builds on Windows again.  I also
have good news and good news.

The bad news is: experimental\splayer doesn't work.  It compiles, but
segfaults immediately when you try to play any Ogg file.  The bug
appears to be some bad interaction with SDL, but I'm not sure exactly
what the problem is.  If somebody experienced with SDL and Windows would
like to take a look, I'm sure there'll be happiness all around.

The good news is: all the other experimental programs seem to work fine.
  I've tested dumpvid, encoderwin, and transcoder, and they seem OK.

Back to your regular hacking, then ...

--
: André Pang (x4180)
: Software Engineer, Networked Media : CeNTIE