[Theora-dev] [patch] fixes for avi2vp3

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Sat Feb 26 21:40:19 PST 2005

On Sat, Feb 26, 2005 at 07:45:35PM -0800, Nehal wrote:

> here is a patch that fixes various bugs/problems with avi2vp3:

Cool. Thanks. I've committed a variation on your patch. Can you let me
know if it works?

> 2. win32 does not understand chmod flags, ie:
> (S_IRUSR | S_IWUSR | S_IRGRP | S_IROTH)

Google suggested one can still pass a literal mode flag (0644) so I did
this instead?

> 3. buffer = malloc(AVI_max_video_chunk(avifile));
> for some reason, AVI_max_video_chunk(avifile) returns 0, i've
> set an arbitrary high value for it until someone fixes it
> correctly.

Right. It looks like it returns zero for files without an idx chunk, so
one only needs to fallback if it does return zero. This should be more
robust than the generic 32K buffer that went into the theora-tools
version.