[Theora-dev] derf README

Timothy B. Terriberry tterribe at vt.edu
Sun Sep 26 09:33:43 PDT 2004

A number of bug fixes have gone in recently, which improve things
greatly. I haven't updated the README because I haven't done sufficient
testing to ensure that everything is truly fixed. The psy model probably
still needs some work. It can be disabled, but currently only by editing
some code. In any case, it's still probably not in a position where
running a bunch of tests and posting pretty graphs on a web page
somewhere or something similar is worth the time.

The decoder, however, has basically stabilized. If that does not produce
bit-identical output compared to the mainline decoder, I want to know
about it. It should also give decent speed improvements over the
mainline decoder, especially at higher resolutions. I haven't spent (and
probably won't spend) a lot of time optimizing it or adding SIMD
assembly support.