[Theora-dev] libtool.m4

Ralph Giles giles at ghostscript.com
Thu Sep 23 15:20:03 PDT 2004

On Thu, Sep 23, 2004 at 05:11:56PM -0500, John Kintree wrote:

> I have aclocal in /usr/local/bin.  It has the same date and time
> as /usr/local/bin/automake-1.9 which I built and installed nine days ago.

Ah. that would do it. You either need to revert to a packages automake
and aclocal, or recompile your local 1.9 install so also search
/usr/share/aclocal. Or build your own libtool, which should install
its own libtool.m4 under /usr/local. Or copy /usr/share/aclocal/libtool.m4
to /usr/local/share/aclocal. :)

> Maybe I should wait for the beta1 release of theora, and build it from the
> tarballs.  That worked with the alpha3 release.  I'm not really helping with
> the development; just wanted to see how theora-from-svn compressed video
> compares with theora-alpha3 compressed video.

There've been no improvements to the reference encoder since alpha3. You
could try derf's experimental encoder though.