[theora-dev] theora release todos

Timothy B. Terriberry tterribe at vt.edu
Mon Mar 1 19:49:05 PST 2004

> 1. Freeze the logical bitstream format

Let's just tackle this one:

If there's no tools which implement the format, and no documentation,
then what is the point of calling it frozen?

There needs to be at least one of the two. The alpha 3 release is the
implementation. We know what changes need to go into it, they just
haven't been written and tested.

The beta 1 release should not change the bitstream format from the
previous alpha release, and will include the documentation. After this
is released the bitstream is considered frozen. This has been the
roadmap since day 1.

If all you want is someone to declare that they know exactly what Theora
bitstreams look like, but implement and document it nowhere, I can have
that for you tonight.