[Theora-dev] patches for xiph build setup

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas
Thu Jun 10 08:39:10 PDT 2004

Hi,

I offered some time ago to do some build cleanup.  Today I did so and
here's my slew of patches.

Basically, they
- touch ogg, vorbis, vorbis-tools and theora
- fix a bunch of autotools issues
- uniformize the use of them across the four
- fix compile/link flags
- use pkgconfig if it's available to detect flags
- for vorbis-tools, generate and use config.h
- add -uninstalled .pc stuff so people can develop apps against an
uninstalled tree of xiph (you can use the attached shell script to set
up your environment for it)

The patches are up at

http://thomas.apestaart.org/download/patches/ogg/

http://thomas.apestaart.org/download/patches/vorbis/

http://thomas.apestaart.org/download/patches/vorbis-tools/

http://thomas.apestaart.org/download/patches/theora/

and the comments should be clear and usable as ChangeLog entries (if you
had one :))

If there are questions, feel free to ask.

Now I'm on to compiling some apps that use my uninstalled dev tree.

Thomas

Excuse me I must have mistaken you
for someone who gave a damn