[theora-dev] Theora I bitstream freeze

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Tue Jun 1 17:12:49 PDT 2004

I'm pleased to announce the official freeze of the theora 1.0 bitstream
format. We wanted to reserve the right to change things if we discovered
any issues during the documentation documentation phase. We haven't, so
there's no reason to delay adoption any further.

The files produced by the alpha-3 encoder constitute the baseline of the
theora I format and will be supported by future decoders. So go ahead
and start using it!

We're collecting content for the upcoming beta launch, so you have
something (preferably redistributable) that you think would make a good
demo, please let us know.

Thanks to everyone whose hard work made this milestone possible.

Cheers,