[theora-dev] theora.org website proposal

Mauricio Piacentini mauricio at tabuleiro.com
Mon Feb 23 18:53:01 PST 2004

Ralph Giles wrote:
> As far as I'm concerned, the biggest needs are for techwriting help with
> the spec, and tools authors. Specifically, we need plugins for Quicktime
> and whatever MS Windows uses these days. We have a vp3 plugin for
> Quicktime, but nothing for Vorbis, so that would be the first step.

For Windows there is OggDS at the CVS. It could be expanded for Theora,
but no one worked with it since it was checked as far as I can tell. We
need OggDS working 100% I believe as the first step before writing a
Theora DirectShow decoder filter. In any event I believe we should focus
on having at least one full player that is capable of seeking and
playing a beta-level, frozen bitstream format, running on an open
platform preferrably. Do you agree? It is a lot of work to keep
reformatting the platform specific stuff (like Directshow filters or
VFW/QT plugins) before the lib api is frozen.

Regards,
Mauricio