[Theora-dev] libtheora

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Wed Dec 29 16:06:21 PST 2004

On Wed, Dec 29, 2004 at 03:31:51PM -0800, Matt Zimmerman wrote:

> I can reproduce this as well; a stream which plays fine on Ubuntu/i386 fails
> to work on Ubuntu/amd64 (same versions of packages).  I tested with
> totem-gstreamer.

Ah, I think I see the problem. There was a 64-bit bug with the libogg
bitpacker that was fixed in the 1.1.1 release. It was in the big-endian
implementation which is why it affects theora and not vorbis.

Looking at packages.debian.org/libogg-dev, debian is still shipping
1.1.0 (the latest is 1.1.2) This is the likely origin of the problem.

And...this is already reported, though the patch is wrong, I think:

So, we just need an updated package. Calc?