[Theora-dev] libtheora

Matt Zimmerman mdz at debian.org
Wed Dec 29 15:31:51 PST 2004

On Sun, Dec 19, 2004 at 11:41:52PM +0000, valentina messeri wrote:

> I just installed debian (ubuntu) on this machine:

Though they share a common heritage, Ubuntu and Debian are in fact two
different projects. :-)

> Linux ludwig 2.6.8.1-3-amd64-generic #1 Tue Oct 12 11:40:38 UTC 2004 x86_64
> GNU/Linux
>
> but neither libtheora0 and libtheora-dev from packet nor libtheora-1.0alpha4 I
> compiled seems to work

I can reproduce this as well; a stream which plays fine on Ubuntu/i386 fails
to work on Ubuntu/amd64 (same versions of packages).  I tested with
totem-gstreamer.

There are a few warnings in the build log, but nothing obviously pointing to
a bug:

http://people.ubuntulinux.org/~lamont/buildLogs/libt/libtheora/0.0.0.alpha3-1/libtheora_0.0.0.alpha3-1_20040823-1525-amd64-successful

Vorbis streams, notably, work fine on the same system.

Is this problem common to other 64-bit platforms?

--
 - mdz