[Theora-dev] 80% there

Andrey Filippov theora at elphel.com
Thu Dec 2 19:33:28 PST 2004

> At 09:35 AM 12/2/2004 -0600, you wrote:
>>...  And then more bugs will come out that will need to be found and
>>fixed.
>
> As we all know, that last 20% takes another 80% of the time and effort
> (;^}).
>
>                                         - Lorne
Definitely you are right, but I do not need to have the perfect bug-free
code to be able to make the decision to release hardware into production.
I already know that the design fits on chip, not much left to verify left.
I'll be a little behind schedule to make it running on December, 15 (I'm
having a small break in Shanghai for a week) but I still hope to have it
running this year. And having more cameras (not just one as now) will
allow me to give it for the software development in parallel with me
fighting the FPGA code bugs.

Andrey