[Theora-dev] MMX/mmxext optimisations

Rodolphe Ortalo rodolphe.ortalo at free.fr
Tue Aug 24 11:56:39 PDT 2004

I confirm encoder ok (with at least x2 speed improvements) on my Athlon, and
that the player does not.
But it's possible to play video made with the MMX-optimized encoder using the
regular (non-MMX) player. :-)

I'm using GCC 3.4 on Debian sarge, with patch theora2-mmx.patch from Adam
(against svn head) and also patch.mmx.gcc3.4 from Ivan.

Really nice work!!!

Trying to do some profiling...

Rodolphe