[theora-dev] getting ready for alpha 3

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Sun Oct 26 14:06:21 PST 2003

I've just committed an image flip for compatibility with VP3 lossless
transcode. Thanks to mau and derf for verifying that this was needed.
It's a little hacky on the decode side; suggestions for improvement are
welcome.

Since this is a bitstream change, and we're still a ways from having a
complete spec (which is the gating item for beta 1 and the bitstream
freeze) we're going to do an alpha 3 release. Hopefully this will be the
last bistream change, but we said that last time too so no promises.
However, we don't have anything else in mind, and we've had longer to
think of things this time. Help with the spec if you want this to be
frozen as a supported format. :)

Anyway, it's time to take a look at the code again and polish up
anything you'd like so it's all shiny for the release. Test it with your
applications and your files, and let us know about any problems.

Progress at last,