[theora-dev] Win32 experimental player/encoder

Mauricio Piacentini mauricio at tabuleiro.com
Sun May 25 09:44:55 PDT 2003

Corrected now, Dan, both encoder and player,  to use the 3 header structure.
Fixes are checked into the tree. I can now see the difference when setting
NEW_FREQS, etc. Just update your files and it should be ok.

One minor concern is that I am getting these results (filesize increase)
using the same source file, 720X480, default compression settings:

1. old theora alpha format/encoder -  7126KB
2. new format (with comments/tables) - 7591 KB
3. new format, using NEW_FREQ = 1 in the lib - 7,643 KB

This is a large file (4 minutes, fullscreen). It is copyrighted
unfortunately, otherwise I could post it so you could test on the Linux
players.

Regards,
Mauricio Piacentini
Tabuleiro