[theora-dev] gcc 3.2 warnings

Mauricio Piacentini mauricio at tabuleiro.com
Wed May 21 08:59:31 PDT 2003

What is strange in your log is that it does not catch the only case where a
variable is definately used without being initialized. It is

GrpSad

in scan.c, RowSadScan() method. The others look like bogus warnings.

What worries me is that VC at least catches lots of conversion warnings,
some with possible loss of data. Most are probably ok, but these:

'double' to '_int64'
'double' to '_int32'
'_int64' to 'long'
'_int32' to 'unsigned char'

look suspicious to me. Can anyone comment if these are ok, and the compiler
will do the right thing?

Regards,
Mauricio Piacentini
Tabuleiro