[theora-dev] dead DCSearchPoints code

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Tue Jun 17 10:24:01 PDT 2003

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003, Dan Miller wrote:

> If it's OK with you, I would like to incorporate parts of your document (credited, of course) into the Theora specification I'm working on.  My spec has sort of morphed into this project to recode the decoder in Python, which is great I guess but not exactly what people are expecting.  Your document has the kinds of plain english descriptions I suspect people will really want to see.  Perhaps in collaboration, we can get the best of both worlds.

        So you know, most of my documentation is purely written for
selfish reasons-- it's so *I* can understand what's going on...:) Usually,
I reverse engineer an English language description of an algorithm and
then re-implement the algorithm based on that description. By the time I'm
done, I may as well publish the document.

        I suspect it will be okay to incorporate stuff from my document.
All of my codec documents use the GNU Free Documentation License. More
information is here:

  http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.html

I mostly did this because I just wanted *some* kind of copyright notice on
my documents.

--
	-Mike Melanson