[theora-dev] dead DCSearchPoints code

Dan Miller dan at on2.com
Tue Jun 17 09:22:14 PDT 2003

Please go ahead & post it.  It's very well written and reasonably comprehensive as far as you went (which as I've said is farther than I have gotten yet).

At this point, VP3 is still almost identical to Theora.  The main change has been putting the table data into the stream header.

If it's OK with you, I would like to incorporate parts of your document (credited, of course) into the Theora specification I'm working on.  My spec has sort of morphed into this project to recode the decoder in Python, which is great I guess but not exactly what people are expecting.  Your document has the kinds of plain english descriptions I suspect people will really want to see.  Perhaps in collaboration, we can get the best of both worlds.

Great work! - dan

 ___  Dan Miller
(++,) Founder, On2 Technologies