[theora-dev] bitstream versioning

Dan Miller dan at on2.com
Sun Jun 8 16:33:14 PDT 2003

> From: Ralph Giles [mailto:giles at xiph.org]
>
> > Rillian's suggestion, which is pretty much standard practice, is to
> > add a bitstream revision number.
>
> Note that we already have one of these.

so we do.  It's set to 3.1.0 right now, which I guess was inherited from VP3.  I suggest we bump that number on release (we haven't been doing so, which we should).

I like the extra header packets, I certainly think our initial release should not barf if there is some extra header stuff in there.

In the interest of moving forward, I'll agree we won't add anything else now.

 ___  Dan Miller
(++,) Founder, On2 Technologies