[theora-dev] Legalese. What is stride?

Dan Miller dan at on2.com
Mon Jul 7 21:29:03 PDT 2003

hi Mau --

I personally think it is necessary or at least highly advisable.  VP3 has strong codec support on multiple platforms.  A transcoding path will make many tasks much easier.  I think we are at least a year away from stable quicktime and (if ever) windows native codecs for Theora.  Transcoding allows a way around this in the short term.

Everyone at the meeting seemed to agree that adding the flag is not a problem.  If anyone disagrees, please speak up now.