[theora-dev] Re: Ogg Internet Drafts - create application/ogg-vorbis, application/ogg-tarkin, etc.

Dan Miller dan at on2.com
Thu Jan 2 04:31:31 PST 2003

just for the record -- I think you mean video/theora when you mention vorbis+VP3.  Vp3 is becoming Theora.  Tarkin is another video codec project at Xiph.

As for this whole MIME type issue, can someone enlighten me as to how this problem is addressed with Quicktime, Microsoft, and RealNetworks plug-ins today?  Also, does an MPEG4 tag specify which audio codec is used?

thanks - dan