[theora-dev] More Missing Pieces

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Mon Feb 24 09:37:21 PST 2003

On Mon, 24 Feb 2003, Dan Miller wrote:

> Here's what's happening with that part of the code.  This is the one substantial change we've already committed to.  The following six tables:

[snip]

> are now written into and read from the stream header.

        Wow, that seems like a lot of information to stuff into the stream
header. Will there be a few bits to select legacy VP3 tables or will the
VP3 tables just have to be transported? A combo VP3/Theora decoder (like I
will probably end up writing) will have to have the VP3 tables anyway,

--
	-Mike Melanson