[theora-dev] Theora streaming

Guenter Bartsch bartscgr at web.de
Thu Feb 27 10:40:03 PST 2003

hallo arc,

> The chaining together is actually quite simply, if you have two legal
> ogg files you simply concat'ate them together.. even the traditional
> "cat" command can do this legally (correct me if I'm wrong, it works
> with Vorbis).

humm - but wouldn't that result in a file in which at some point a new
vorbis stream with a different serialno starts? how are players supposed
to handle this - please keep in mind that some ogg files may contain
more than one audio track so just playing any vorbis packet no matter
what serialno it has is not a good idea

thanks,

   guenter

--
"There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in their home."

    -Ken Olson, President of DEC,
     World Future Society Convention, 1977