[theora-dev] Alpha 3 using libogg2?

Arc arc at indymedia.org
Wed Dec 3 02:27:53 PST 2003

I think the current cvs is ready to roll as far as libogg2 support, it's
not tested of course since the encoder/player examples haven't been
ported yet, but that shouldn't take too long.  I didn't bother since I
haven't been able to get recent CVS /examples to compile anyway.

I just took a peek at libvorbis, it looks like it shouldn't be very hard
to do the same thing to it (with dual support).  I'm guessing 5 hours..

So, how about a goal for Alpha 3 to include using libogg2 as default?
This way it could include Writ (the text caption/subtitle format) and
also help test libogg2 with a larger userbase.  The current backwards
compatability to libogg1 could remain until it's not needed anymore, of
course, for 3rd party players etc.

And of course, when OggFile is ready, it should be easier to plug Theora
into as it'll have been using libogg2 for some time before then.