[theora-dev] Changing video quality during encoding

Schroll, Martin Martin.Schroll at dr-hein.com
Wed Apr 23 01:09:08 PDT 2003

I don't know how to change a video quality on the fly - I want to provide a
slider with a preview window, so user could see the result immediately in
this window. I tried to send ICM_COMPRESS_FRAMES_INFO to encoder or calling
ICSetState() - with no success however. Am I doing something wrong ? How can
I set 'lDataRate', 'dwRate', 'dwScale' parameters ? I tried every possible
combinations and still no effects ..
Also changing lKeyRate seems to have no effects ...

Thanks in advance,
Kamil

struct correctly by using the
intel i263 codec. Can you tell me a setting of correct values to test this
codec or can you recommend my a better codec for 128 kBit Videoconferencing?

Thank you for supporting me,

Martin