[theora-dev] Test file

Mauricio Piacentini mauricio at tabuleiro.com
Thu Oct 24 07:29:02 PDT 2002

Thanks. I will wrap up the changes to the encoder_example for Windows then.
Do you think it is ok to include getopt.c and getopt.h for Windows users in
a separate directory, maybe with a VC project? I am trying to avoid
submitting a different windows-only sample, if possible. Or maybe I can keep
this experiment for now in a separate file at our web server, and submit a
more complete windows encoder skeleton in the near future to be integrated
in cvs. This will probably be better, as I understand your sample was meant
to be built with GNU tools on all platforms.

In my Linux setup I don't get an error message, but a lockup. It is solved
by a CTR+C in the console. I suspect the synch code is not working ok on
this setup: it is running Conectiva Linux 8 distro, with KDE and a
SoundBlaster 16 Pro clone and drivers. Sometimes it can play two or more
segments of audio and a few frames of video, and then enters a small audio
loop. I can play video-only files correctly. Not much to work with I know, I
will try to debug it to see where it is getting stuck (printfs did not help
since they pile up, and only show up after the CTR+C, strangely.)

Regards,
Mauricio Piacentini
Tabuleiro

> > This might not be of any help if it's mainly about synch..
>
> File played fine with correct sound / sync here on my two linux boxen
> (one is an Intel box running 2.2.19, the other a PPC box running
> 2.4.20-pre.  Both are OSS).
>
> Does the player example report any audio problems for the folks having
trouble?