[theora-dev] Theora support in ffdshow a ffvfw

Dan Miller dan at on2.com
Fri Oct 4 08:59:05 PDT 2002

        -----Original Message-----
        From: Milan Cutka [mailto:cutka at szm.sk]
        DM>  Note there is a working VFW codec in theora cvs that is fully optimized; the theora package that builds command line tools is
        DM> development-stage code, and is not optimized at all for fast playback.  Furthermore, the bitstream is not guaranteed to stay stable.

	>I'm still not sure about VP31 and Theora relation. Can frames
        compressed by theora be decompressed with VP31 (or VP32?)
        and vice-versa? I'm not talking about bitstream structure,
        but about compression algorithm.

        as of now, the compression algorithm definition has not changed; but this is not guaranteed in the future.  We may decide to make changes to Theora video layer to improve quality, etc.