[theora-dev] Re: Status?

Arc arc at indymedia.org
Tue Oct 1 21:51:35 PDT 2002

On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 12:40:57AM -0400, Dan Miller wrote:
> theora is alive and well.  An early release (proof of concept), with
> integrated Ogg/Vorbis/VP3 encoder & decoder, is available at
> www.theora.org.  You can get it from CVS (project name = theora), and
> there is a tarball at the homepage as well.

Cool.  I didn't see the tarball or info about this on theora.org, but
the CVS page on xiph.org mention the theora module, but I'm checking it
out now. :-) Looks like good timing, being this was released just days
ago.  Wish I had checked it out earlier, would have been great to show
off in DC this last week - hundreds of activists from around the world
were learning how to encode and publish their audio interviews as vorbis
with dropogg or audacity, this would have been icing on the cake. :-)

> It's been tested on Linux; for fun, I just compiled the encoder under
> Cygwin.

Cool, let's see how it does on Freebsd. :-)