[theora-dev] Audio from fifo

Caspian Maclean caspianmaclean at optushome.com.au
Wed Oct 2 23:48:07 PDT 2002

My first guess about the problem would be that the programs want
to process the stuff in a different order, e.g. mplayer wants to
output some sound before anymore video and encoder_example wants
to receive some video before anymore sound.  This could easily
depend on the order of stuff in the file mplayer is reading.

I guess something similar could happen for opening the pipes as
well.

The easiest solution I can think of would be to run 2 mplayer
processes, one for video and one for audio.

Based on your (emaillist at dogphilosophy.net) example, something like this:
(in one terminal window):
mplayer -vo yuv4mpeg -ao null -vop scale=640:480 -sws 2 test.mpg

(in another):
mplayer -vo null -ao pcm -aofile stream.wav -aop list=resample:fout=44100

(in another):
strace encoder_example -a 1 -v 1 stream.wav stream.yuv > movie.ogg 2>enc.err

I haven't tried it.

--
Caspian Maclean