[theora-dev] Section 508/Closed captioning

Ralph Giles zen6669 at zen.co.uk
Fri Jul 19 17:12:43 PDT 2002

On Friday, July 19, 2002, at 08:28 PM, Daniel B. Miller wrote:

> OGG should of course have all sorts of meta-data hooks in it, ala QT and
> MPEG-4.  While we're at it, it should cook me breakfast!--)

No, I'm afraid the culinary arts belong to the *fourth* pillar[1] of
xiph media technology, namely interactivity. Uncharted territory my
friend.

[1] http://www.xiph.org/archives/vorbis/200006/0010.html, except I'd put
non-linear features in category four, not three[2].

[2] well, parallel (alternate) video streams are fine, seeks are not.
can anyone comment on how multiangle works on dvds? I think it follows a
link tree, but I'm not sure.