[theora-dev] Xine VP3

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Thu Aug 22 15:30:22 PDT 2002

On Thu, 22 Aug 2002 emaillist at dogphilosophy.net wrote:

> Using CVS from xine-lib as of a few minutes ago, and
> autoconf 2.53:
> (I don't recall the "Hunk #2 failed" problem last time I tried
> it, but am including it in case it means something to you...The main
> problem I had last time was the "syntax error near unexpected token"
> problem at the bottom of the output there.)

        Okay, I see the problem. I have added a new video decoder and
modified libxinevdec/Makefile.am since I posted that patch. I really
should have made that patch against xine-lib v0.9.13 since that is not
going to change. I will create such a patch tonight.

        It looks like there are other problems in the CVS version as well
right now, but those might go away if you execute 'cvs update -d'.

> P.S. SO...about that ffmpeg implementation?.... :-)

        Well, first I need to understand the entire format. I could
probably get a start on such a decoder right now, but this will be my
first shot at working with the libavcodec facilities. So I have that
learning curve to consider, as well.

        Thanks...

--
	-Mike Melanson