[theora-codecs] Re: 3274253-docked On2 movies don't draw the video frame

theora at tabuleiro.com theora at tabuleiro.com
Sat Jun 21 14:55:56 PDT 2003

Hey, great. I got your patch and rebuilt the library, but I don't have a
G3 with OSX to test on (the 2 imacs I have access to are running system
8.6 and 9 respectively.) I can email the rebuilt library to you directly
for testing, please let me know if this is ok.

If another person with access to a G3 machine with OSX 10.2.6 and QT6.3
wants to verify this let me know, I can email it to you  (compressed zip
is 180k only.) I am not looking forward for an installation of 10.2.6 on
one of my Imacs, they are the original G3-233MHz ones, with only 4GB of HD
and 128MB of RAM...

Regarding your build issues, read below:

> I've tried to build the codec from the source in the xiph repository,
> and it crashes with a corrupt stack after a couple frames.  I did
> verify that the component that you built on May 8 seems to work.  I'm
> using CodeWarrior 8.3 to build.  Are there any tricks to building it
> that are not documented in the readme?

You can not build the whole codec in 8.3, or it will crash. You need to
build the vp32.mcp project with CW Pro 5.3 first, and use the object files
produced by this build in your OSX Codec (built with CW 6, 7, or 8.) I
don't know why it happens, but it seems to be related to the assembly
optimizations in the compiler as well. As I mentioned I know next to
nothing of ppc assembler.

> Here is a patch for one of the blitters.  This blitter is used on
> machines without altivec, i.e. G3s.  It is untested, but the changes
> were fairly simple.  Can you build and test this?  If it works, I'll go
> ahead and make the changes to the other blitters.

Regards,
Mauricio