[theora-codecs] Re: 3274253-docked On2 movies don't draw the video frame

Steve Nicolai nicolai at sunflower.com
Tue Jun 24 08:43:01 PDT 2003

That'
On Sunday, June 22, 2003, at 06:20 PM, Mauricio Piacentini wrote:

> Hi, Steve, I took the time to install OSX 10.2.6 on one of our Imacs.
> Your
> fix works greatly and solves the transparency issue in the dock.
That's good news.

> BTW this
> problem is apparently not new or something introduced in the latest
> version
> of QT: with QT5.0 installed the problem already existed in previous
> versions
> of the codec.
Alpha has always been defined with 255 as opaque, but apparently
nothing did the compositing before.

> When/if you have the time to patch the other blitters please feel free
> email me at any time for testing. I can incorporate and test your
> changes
> under G3/G4 configurations, with OS8.1/OS8.5/9/10.1/10.2 systems, to
> make
> sure they do not introduce errors in the Classic version of the codec.
>  I am
> not sure how to upload this updated version to Apple for "official"
> distribution, though. But if we manage to correct and certify the
> changes
> Dan can probably help us get in contact with the guys at On2 to solve
> this
> issue.
I'm at WWDC so it will be a week or more before I can update the other
blitters.

> Dan, I am curious to know also if you have information about the
> performance
> difference using the asm blitters compared with the C versions. Do you
> have
> any data on this from your time at On2?
I'm also curious about this.  It looks like there is quite a bit of
room left for cache optimizations in VP3.

Steve